Sunday, August 26, 2012

Journey to the Center of the Earth

We are listening to Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth for our current audio book.  Audio books are currently required in the car.  In the beginning I got them to calm the car arguing.  They've done that, but now their also a source of stress as they HAVE to be on.  It's still better than the arguing.

I like using audio books as vocabulary stretchers.  Last year, I got the actual book and used the illustrations from it to make puzzles.  I did a post about that here.  Those were fun but the last one sat around a long time before I could convince someone to use it so I thought I'd try something different this time around.  Toad's reading vs. writing abilities are not even in the same league so I've worked up some vocabulary worksheets that are heavy on comprehension but light on writing.  Perhaps you could use them too.



I've shared this post at:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...