Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Day in the Salt Marsh

My husband recently came home from a work trip with this book for the toads.


The book's publisher, Sylvan Dell, has a whole section on their website devoted to parents and homeschoolers here. The website has linked teaching guides as free PDF's to many of their publications.  The one for A Day in the Salt Marsh is here.  It's comprehensive, with enough fun stuff to serve for a whole unit study.  Many of their other titles have equally helpful resources.  I was thrilled to find a new resource for such quality free curriculum.

I also instantly had a soft spot for the book because it's illustrator, Consie Powell, also wrote and illustrated Old Dog Cora and the Christmas Tree.  Old Dog Cora is my favorite Newfoundland book because it reminds me of my beloved Newfie who passed away several years ago and I miss dearly.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...